Wednesday, August 19, 2009

woeful wednesday, with a lower case "w", cause today stinks..........

These are the things I hate about today:

**We had to go to the pediatric dentist unplanned.

.......because last week Cole was sliding across the floor on Jenny's dog pillow and missed the pillow face first. He landed on his top lip, bumping his buck teeth into the proper spot they should be in if he wouldn't suck on his stupid thumb all the time. blood, blood, blood, screaming, and wailing and gnashing of teeth, and waiting...... till yesterday when I noticed the dumb tooth was turning grayish.

Dr. P tells me he has to have a root canal in his front tooth, on the front of the the dumb tooth cause he can't go through the stupid, idiotic back of the tooth for some dumb, idiotic reason that I don't know cause I am not a pediatric dentist. No matter how many times I wished I was over the past decade, I am not.

Dr. P decides that all the kids are due for checkup lets do them all.

Maysie is the best brusher in the family, besides me, she flosses, and she cares genuinely about her teeth's health. She always has some problem that literally takes an act of a democratic lead congress to get fixed. So she has a cavity in a spot that she wouldn't normally because of her Herbst appliance. So Dr. P wants May to go to Dr. F to get the thing taken off, then back to his office, so he can fix the cavity, then back to Dr. F. to put the Herbst back on......I'm like, "Are you sure it's all that Dr. P? Can you have some mercy on my soul? Look and see real hard if you can fix it without going through congress..."....he says, ..."maybe.....ask Dr. F if blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah , blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah......."

Z has a stupid small cavity, "in a place that normally doesn't get cavities and he is clearly brushing well, it's just something that has happened...".........well, of course. Z is a good brusher too he is more about the quantity than the quality of brushing though.....he thinks, I will brush hard and more times a day than soft and hit all the points well.

Sky is the only one who gets the all clear really, and she half jack brushes. If I didn't give her the scratch test every night she'd be lucky to have teeth. She is getting better cause she knows I will do it again if she doesn't get'em good.

** We just started school again and we are already off the schedule because of the unplanned appt.

**I want to eat the world, cause I feel like it, cause I hate the pediatric dentist....even though I know it really isn't his fault. It just seems all the dang time we have to blow a wad at his office cause somebody has tried to knock their teeth out or something else crazy is going on.

It was just this past summer Maysie tried to get her tooth knocked out with a cooler at a party. We think hers may have been healed by the Lord. We are playing a waiting game. Dr. F told us her tooth would die also and she would need a root canal. He told me not to worry about it. It happens all the time, if I didn't quit going on I would give May a complex. I'm thinking duh fool, she is 13 and her front tooth is dying...I AM FREAKING OUT!!!

I told Dr. F, "Well, I am going to pray for the Lord to heal her tooth. She has went through so much with her teeth, I hope He'll have mercy on her." Dr. F gave me the whatever, but kind smile and sent me on my way.

Next visit....the tooth was healed. Dr. F says, it can still die, but Dr. P said this morning it looks good.....we just need to wait a year to see how it looks. So now I have to wait a year to see if the Lord healed that tooth.....I choose to believe He healed it. Cause the Bible says the Lord hears the prayers of a righteous man.......that would not be me. It would be May though, she is good and her faith is solid and she wears it strongly.

I believe the Lord healed the tooth for her.

....and maybe a little for me as a scrap from the table, cause I want so badly for her to be through with teeth issues.

**Thoughts of my dad are bombarding me also, and I have no idea why......

I just want to put my face in a pillow and cry today. My girlfriend Wendy told me I should do it, it would make me feel better............but I hate crying.

No comments: