Monday, May 25, 2009

you should be afraid, very afraid.....but then that would be Logophobia or is it Verbophobia..........






















Last night D and I were discussing stuff before we fell asleep. You know how you do that.....cause D can go to sleep almost instantly if I shut up. I rarely do that cause it takes me till dawn to wind down if I don't read before I go to bed. Anyway conversation drifted from one thing to another rapidly and we started discussing how our dog should not sleep with us.

I think it is okay for Jenny to sleep with us. She is barely 8 pounds on a good day, she doesn't shed, & she didn't get in the lake with us so she still smells good from her bath. She likes to curl up in her tight ball right next to my abdomen.

D was all, "She has ticks"....which she doesn't cause she uses some business that all upstanding dogs use that kill all that stuff with a squirt on the back once a month.


"Well, you said you pulled one off of her, " he said.

A: I did, but heck you have pulled one off of you, after working on the truck.
D: She is a dog, dogs sleep on the floor.
A: (I open Z's door she scurries up to Z's room where she sleeps in the bed with him till she thinks D is asleep then she comes back down to our room and hops onto our bed. When I wake up in the morning, she is in her spot.)
A: Hey, remember that time you had to pull a tick off of R___'s son's willie.
D: oh yeah, that was a weird phone call....Hey Amy can your husband come pull a tick off my son's willie?
A: That isn't quite what she said, nonetheless, is that where ticks like to hang out on men?
D: No! I guess the little boy must have been wearing shorts or something, or had been swinging his tally whacker in the brush where he shouldn't have, peeing outside. She had made a mess out of that tick. Thank goodness I had those good tweezers to get the head out.

That conversation had my brain searching through all sorts of weird phone calls of people telling me different crazy things. Like one time this gal friend of mine, some time ago, told me she had
been diagnosed with Alektorophobia. I said to her, "Lord, I am sorry, that's terrible what is that?".....Fear of Chickens..... She told me this cause we were to go to a kids b-day party at this woman's house who had all these chickens. It wasn't in the south either, it was out west. However, we used to have this guy who had roosters for cock fighting out in his front yard, not to far away from us here in TN. I think he got busted, they aren't there anymore....
jailaphobia

If we had Wikipedia around back then I could have just looked that up and not looked like a dang idiot. I could have spared her the embarrassment of telling me she had been diagnosed with "Alektorophobia." Who goes to the doctor to get a diagnosis for being afraid of stupid, dang, chickens??!!

Here are some other stupid phobias:

Acarophobia - Fear of itching or of the insects that cause itching.
Acerophobia - Fear of sourness.
Acousticophobia - Fear of noise.
Agrizoophobia - Fear of wild animals.
Alliumphobia - Fear of garlic.
Allodoxaphobia - Fear of opinions.
Amathophobia - Fear of dust.
Amaxophobia - Fear of riding in a car.
Ambulophobia - Fear of walking.
Amychophobia - Fear of scratches or being scratched.
Anablephobia - Fear of looking up.
Ancraophobia - Fear of wind. (there are 2 of these. Is one for breaking wind)
Anemophobia - Fear of wind.
Aerophobia - Fear of drafts, air swallowing, or airborne noxious substances....this may go with one of the two above, and might be understandable

Anglophobia - Fear of England, English culture, ect.
Sinophobia - Fear or dislike of China, its culture or people
Francophobia - Fear of France, French people, or French culture

Angrophobia - Fear of becoming angry....I do not have this problem
Ecclesiophobia - Fear of churches
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - Fear of long words
Logophobia - Fear of words, talking
Verbophobia- Fear of words.
Nephophobia - Fear of clouds
Phagophobia - Fear of being eaten .....Jeffery Dahmer's jail mate probably had this, before Jeffery ate him.....bad joke

Pyrophobia - Fear of fire ......I believe men rarely have this, it would break the man code
Xanthophobia - Fear of the color yellow (can you imagine? I can barely concentrate, I am so afraid my coworkers yellow dress is going to harm me)

Ommatophobia - Fear of eyes ....Cole has this when he has gotten his butt spanked....He always screams - Don't Look At Me!!

Thalassophobia - Fear of the sea or the ocean
Gnosiophobia - Fear of knowledge
Pantophobia- Fear of everything.
Papaphobia- Fear of the Pope.
Papyrophobia- Fear of paper.
Peladophobia- Fear of bald people.
Phobophobia- Fear of phobias.
Pteronophobia- Fear of being tickled by feathers.
Syngenesophobia- Fear of relatives......I sometimes have this
Walloonphobia- Fear of the Walloons.......mental note to wikipedia this one
Lutraphobia- Fear of otters
Kyphophobia- Fear of stooping.
Geniophobia- Fear of chins.
Genuphobia- Fear of knees.


Last but not least.....

Anatidaephobia — fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you, also known as Ornithophobia

Having discussed this before .....Maysie called this Aflacaphobia

No comments: