Friday, May 15, 2009

I find the older I get the more temper I have. Maybe that is why young people always think old people are grumpy. In all things these days I seem to have less patience. Stupid actions by people make me insane, including my own stupid actions sometimes.

People spout off words frivolously and the days pass and life goes on, but the words are always lingering somewhere in the back to remind one that the scar is still there. Though one might say they forgive, the forget is said, but not really done most of the time.

......you know this old quote.....

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

It's true you know......I can't wait to put my thoughts into words, the words cause an action.

My actions these days are indeed, now a habit. I am trying to discover what I have made of my character and the legacy I will leave when my destiny is complete.

There is a lot to be said for people who are self controlled, cause it takes a lot of patience and effort to hold back the tongue.

But I am convinced those people are surely more at peace than I tonight.

No comments: