Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hey Big Bird! I got an idea, why don't you shut up?

In my house we have a problem saying .........."shut up"

I think I am the only mother in all America who has allowed her kids to say shut up without washing their mouth out with soap.

I am so tired of hearing my people say "shut up" that I made a jar and told them that if they said it, they would have .50 deducted from their accounts each time.

I thought Z would go bankrupt within the first 4 hours, but he finally got it together. Then D came home and he pretty much off'd himself.

The second day went much better, declaring we can tell Jenny to "shut up" but that's it. Z put it upon himself to tell people to "show me the money" in place of "shut up."

I have found that to be useful on D.........you know, if he says, "Amy, where is my dinner?"...I say, "Show me the money, eat leftovers...".....or something like that.

I was putting Cole to bed and his Big Bird puzzle was going off counting every time I bumped his puzzle bin. I said, "for the love of all things great and small Big Bird, shut up..."

C- Momma you said shut up, put some money in the jar....

A- oooohh, (real sweet like) it's okay CB I can tell Big Bird to shut up...........

the next day............

......CB is playing a Sesame Street matching game on the computer in Sky's room during school, Big Bird is going off about the wrong matches and so forth, Cole isn't finding what Big Bird wants....

CB- Hey Big Bird! I got an idea, why don't you shut up, cause I can tell you to shut up, Momma said so......

No comments: