Tuesday, June 23, 2009

so I can't drive, so what, I cut grass better everyday of the week.......

Right before we left the beach I was playing around with my camera and deleted ALL my beach photos. I had like 75 or more great shots that included the kids wearing eye patches after a game of putt putt at some pirate place, my mom blowing out birthday candles, May posing in the dunes that was phenomenal, video of Cole skimming on his belly and Zach skimming doing 360's effortlessly, there were photos of our family on the beach and just some other outstanding shots...

.....I spent like 3 hours mourning the loss of all those photos and the video. I thought to myself, Why am I going on about losing the photos, I was there I lived them they are in my memory no matter what.....but still, even though no one on the earth cares about those photos except for the split second they look at them and then they forget them......they were mine and they were good, and I hate that I lost them........uuuuggh

...at least my mom got some good ones before she went home. I will have to steal a few of hers.

A funny thing that happened while I was in mourning over my photos was I said to D..."Can't you fix this? Can't you get those photos back, hack my camera do whatever....Can't you fix it?".....

....in my mind D can fix anything and everything, even when I don't want him too cause I want something new, he fixes it. I am of the mentality, that no matter what happens in this whole world......nothing is unrepairable....it can always be fixed, D can fix it.

I swear I think that.

When something happens bad like Cole colors on the hardwood floors with permanent marker, I just look up on the web how to fix it.....and I fix it(orange can of OFF). If I can't fix it, then D can. I really never worry to much about stuff getting totally messed up, cause so what....it can be fixed some how.

I was telling May over the phone (cause she went to Atlanta with my mom when she left the beach) about what I had done that morning to the pictures....she said, "Well can't dad fix it? Give the camera to him and let him fix it."....... so May is of the mentality also that D can fix anything......

Once, not to long after we had moved into our house D was telling me this little snipit about parking the lawnmower next to the bladder tank in our garage.

D- now if you ever, for some stupid reason, hit the bladder tank while parking the (riding) lawn mower you will break the PVC connection to the house and water will come out by the gallons, in a hurry, and you will have to cut it off on the breaker switch right here (pointing to our box and showing me).

A- (half paying attention cause I am NEVER going to do that, cause D would kill me if I ever did something so stupid)

It wasn't two months past, I hit the dang bladder tank so hard, thinking I was in reverse but I was in forward and the tank jumped and I broke the PVC pipe connection. WATER CAME OUT BY THE GALLONS, IN A HURRY, I was flooding my garage in like 7 seconds. I was totally panicking, screaming at May, "What do I do?!! What do I do?!!" May is screaming in shear horror causing Skylar to scream in shear horror, Zach is running around like a psycho maniac trying to grab anything and everything for reasons unknown to him, he feels the need to grab something and everything...........finally the memory comes to mind to cut the power off but which one and in a hurry, make a decision, quick...can't remember cause I half witted paid attention...so I cut the power off to the whole house.....water stops flowing immediately. I feel pretty good about myself, for remembering.


HOLY CRAP look at all this water, how am I going to explain this to D? So I think, I can fix this, I can fix this ...before he comes home from work, call a neighbor who knows some stuff about some stuff and ask him which parts I need to get cause this tank will not connect to where it should (cause I am so stupid, I didn't realize I had jumped the tank over about a foot or so).

ring, ring.....ring, ring.........ring, ring,......no caller ID...pick up......"hello"
D- hey baby, what's up?
A- nothing....... babe, I have to tell you something...
D- Oh Lord, What did you do?
A- well, (speaking pretty fast)I hit the bladder tank with the lawn mower, but I cut the power off like you said and the water quit flowing,and King David is going to help me fix the pipes back and I am going to Home Depot to get the pieces right now and it will be fixed when you get home.
D- (silence, heavy breathing) Is the power still off?
A- yes
D- where?
A- the whole house
D- The whole house?! Go outside and cut all the switches back on but the one I told you to cut off!
A- see? I don't know which one that one is (walking outside flipping the switches he instructs)
D- (heavy breathing, stern talking and......) I'll be home in a little while.....click

So I go to HD get the wrong pieces, King David instructs me to go back and get the correct ones, & by the way I "have created a mess." We now have involved my other man neighbor (Pappy)and they both instruct me I have made a mess & send me back to HD, mind you it is a 15 to 20 minute trip to and from the HD.... so each trip takes me 30 to 40 minutes in driving time alone. By the time I get the correct pieces it is dark , King David & Pappy can't make my new pieces fit and we are all like Moe, Larry, & Curly by this time. It so happens D pulls into the drive way now.........

....he takes a look at my "mess" and says some mumbled garbo in a deep voice that I am sure he meant for me to hear but not understand....Moe, Larry, & Curly stand back and wait for the verdict from The Boss.......I think in their inards, Moe & Larry think this is funny and can't wait to rag D out when I am not around......and rag me out when I AM around.....

D- Good Lord Amy you have moved the bladder tank almost a foot or so, you must have hit the thing hard,(he moves the tank physically back to the spot it is supposed to be in , the pipes line up perfectly and he uses this great cutter tool that Moe and Larry ooh and aah over and Curly stands quietly in the background, he works fast, uses some PVC glue and wellllaaah the thing is totally fixed....that quick)

.....after a day of running back and forth, D fixes my mess in like 10 to 15 minutes tops. I still really have no idea which button I should turn off if by some sheer chance it ever happened again....but see, now we store the lawn mower in an out building. So really I can only run into like... our john boat or some saw horses or something, which I have not done yet.

And really, I think I am a better grass mower than him anyway...... just not a better driver (you can ask my mom about that ;oD ...beach trip).

This is a quality about D that brings me security. Though he may not care for the circumstances, he is confident in decision making on all levels. I never feel the need to worry to long, cause D can always fix whatever it is......

...........except my photos and the death of my father..........they are both gone.

...but those things are okay.......they are what they are, the photos will be mine in my memory, and my dad will be mine always in the deepest parts of my heart.

No comments: